In the recent months, WhatsApp has been denying all the rumors about its PC version, but today they have launched a desktop version for all the operating systems with Google Chrome installed on them. Using the web version the popular IM client can be proved to be really helpful to people whose majority of the work revolves around their PC desktop. Setting up the web version is really easy and the layout remains quite similar to the one you usually work on through your smartphone. All the messages and the other data gets mirrored on the browser and the sync between the application and the web version is seamless.
But this step taken by WhatsApp has disheartened iPhone users, since the application is currently unable to work with the browser version. WhatsApp stated that this is due to the Apple platform limitations. But, we strongly feel that this will not go on for long, and there soon will be a web version of WhatsApp which will also be compatible with iOS devices. Another thing which you should know is that, currently users can use only Google Chrome for this purpose and when using other browsers you’ll be asked to install the compatible browser. But this step can be considered as a trendsetter, and we can expect other IM services like Hike, Line and WeChat to have a similar thing up soon. So, follow the steps mentioned below to use WhatsApp on your PC.
1. Make sure you are using the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger, and in case you aren’t on the 2.11.498 version of WhatsApp you will need to update it by visiting the Play Store.
2. Open your Chrome browser and navigate to web.whatsapp.com and you’ll be shown a QR code.
3. Choose the right method for your operating system to scan the QR code to get started.
- Android: Open WhatsApp > Menu > WhatsApp Web
- Windows Phone: Open WhatsApp > Menu > WhatsApp Web
- BlackBerry: Open WhatsApp > Chats > Menu Key > WhatsApp Web
- BlackBerry 10: Open WhatsApp > Swipe Down > WhatsApp Web
- Nokia S60: Open WhatsApp > Menu > WhatsApp Web
4. You’re done! You can now start chatting from your PC itself, and it is seamless.