Facebook rolled out comment replies on pages and for profiles with greater than 10,000 followers. But, not everyone has that many followers, right? Recently, Facebook also rolled this feature out for the residents of New Zealand. Hmm, that sound like we can do something for everyone.
Facebook is slow at rolling out updates. When I say slow, I mean, really slow. Here’s a method to enable comment replies on your Facebook profile. Follow the steps carefully. I have included images on required steps. This guide applies to Chrome.
- Firstly, close all open Facebook tabs from everywhere. Open a new tab and navigate to touch.facebook.com.
- Now, fire up the console by hitting Ctrl + Shift + J at the same time.
- Click the small gear icon as shown.
- Click on “Overrides” -> “Enable” -> “Override Geolocation”, as shown in the screenshot.
- After that, enter these values :-
- Lat: -41.211111
- Lon: 174.781111
- After that, click on “Check In”. At this step, Chrome will ask you to allow location permission, allow it. Facebook will show locations from New Zealand now, because of the location override.
- As soon as Facebook show you any New Zealand location in the Check In option, just close the tab and open regular Facebook on facebook.com and make a new post. Try commenting, you’ll see “Reply” option there! Enjoy!
Note: Comment Replies will only work for future posts.
This trick works just because Facebook tests nearly every new feature in New Zealand first, and it happened again. Anyways, have fun and share with your friends too!